Now Hiring: Director of Sales, Marketing & Communications
Updated: Jun 21, 2021
Update (June 21): THIS POSITION HAS FILLED.
Posted: May 27, 2021
Full-time, Year-round position
Reports to the Executive Director
The Director of Sales, Marketing & Communications is responsible for identifying, developing, and coordinating with retreat groups. Additional duties include creating and implementing the marketing plan, managing the website and communcation channels, and performing as a host to retreat guests during their stay.
Articulate the mission, vision, and values and serve as a representative of this ministry in all instances, in both word and deed. Represent Caroline Furnace at local events after hours and on weekends.
Collaborate with the staff to identify, prioritize, and schedule retreat groups and ensure outstanding service for guests. Perform as host for user groups during assigned events.
Collaborate and communicate with staff, board of directors, committees, vendors, and volunteers.
Identify target market for all programs, develop lists of potential users for programs, ensure that lists are complete and work with staff and committees to identify new programs and modify existing programs to fit new markets.
Manage marketing and communications, to include the website, email updates, social media, direct mailings, and creation of additional marketing materials for publication. Design and distribute the Annual Report.
Connect with potential users to educate about the availability of appropriate programs, anticipate needs, ensure program fit, write proposals for potential users, and negotiate pricing and terms for program usage within parameters set by the Executive Director.
Serve as the primary contact for group retreats. Coordinate the retreat calendar, to include lodging and facilities reservations, sending and receiving contracts and other documentation, and sharing relevant information with the group leader. Communicate group needs to the staff - to include food service, facilities and maintenance, and retreat hosts. Maintain the files associated with each user group.
Build strong relationships with congregations, synods, schools, community groups, and other area camps and nonprofits.
Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree
• Experience in outdoor ministry, summer camps, and/or conference and retreat centers
• Strong organizational and record-keeping skills
• Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
• Excellent oral and written communication
• Proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office
• Proficiency or willingness to learn Adobe Creative Suite, Wix, Square, MailChimp, and CampBrain (CRM database)
• Minimum First Aid and CPR certification (or will obtain once employed)
• Valid driver’s license
• Flexible work schedule - must be able to work weekdays, weekends, nights, and holidays
• Must be able to live on-site or nearby; housing options available on property
• Ability to lift 35lbs, remain standing for extended periods of time, and travel on uneven terrain
• We are a Lutheran Outdoor Ministry (ELCA) and expect staff to uphold and model our mission and values
• Housing options on-site, with utilities and Wi-Fi included
• Competitive salary dependent on experience
• Benefits package may include retirement matching, summer childcare, and/or health insurance
This is a full-time salary position normally requiring 40-60 hours a week. The level and type of work varies by season, with the fall, spring, and summer quarters being the most busy. Our Summer Camp program necessitates working on eight (8) Sunday afternoons during camper check-in.
Email your resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com. Please put “Director of Sales, Marketing & Communications” in the subject line. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Interviews begin in mid-June. We will
conduct a background check and contact references before employment.